Harlequin T

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
KIMG0687.JPG

It's far from what I started with, an early 60's Huffy Daisey Tandem. Also quite different from what I envisioned on the build that never got finished, Harlequin Deuce, which used a 70's Columbia Twosome. But after a frame swap and a new direction, it's went from a hopping clown parade bike, to a modified burrito with a few unusual ingredients.
Here's what I started with...
0718141720a1.JPG
I rebuilt it into this over a decade ago. A freaky fast bike with two men on it, but it also flexed from the weight and worked the coaster hard stopping.
KIMG0695.JPG

So after many drawings and discussions here. (the build thread) I had a plan and started cutting and welding. Faux weathered paint and many bits of copper and brass later I now have a bike that makes people smile and is a fun ride.
KIMG0684.JPG

There are a few novelties here, Chain drive steering, an exhaust that is a sound tube for a Bluetooth speaker and a rear bumper spur.
KIMG0703.JPG
KIMG0685.JPG

She rides nice, at approx 89 gear inches, it's easy to cruise but stout enough that your not pedaling like crazy to get nowhere. Steering gearing is 1 to 1 so it steers feather light without overkill, and the horn works as well.
KIMG0641.JPG

KIMG0630.JPG

Carl.

Last edited:
So much creativity and unique design here! One of the things I just saw now are the '4 wheels'....Rear and front, chain ring, and steering. They almost have a 'juggling' look to them with the different sizes and positions. Huh. Your joker is a juggler too....:grin:

I can't decide between this pic...
carlsharlequin.jpg

....and the checkerboard square wall pic as my favorite. What if those squares were black and white....

Nice work Carl! :113:

Love the way you let your creativity flow on this one. Would love to ride it and listen to War's "Lowrider" on the speaker..:D
My tune de jour-ney would be Steve Miller's "The Joker"....:cool:

Great bike! Looks like it rides really nice. And oh yeah, awesome traveling music!
Thanks! I used @Chad T idea and Lowrider it was!
It has to ride nice, I lost the true burrito "look" when I pulled the large front wheel and bent fork. But I gained a reliable and controllable cruiser that doesn't look like anything else I own, and I've been riding it every day.

Carl.

Man o man some much thought & creativity went in to this XL burrito. Came out great she's a one of a kind for sure [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

another creative explosion from the mind of G.C.
so many cool things goin on with this ride, I don't even know where to start....Bet you had a fun build , it came out super and not only that...looks like it's a thrill to ride...love it.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
F.

Latest posts

Back