Harley Davidson ?!?! or what ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
What is your opinion about this motor-bike? Interested in it's originality and value.
thanks, Marius

Looks like a ladies monark with a gas tank and motor added.

Thanks Brian.
Is the Monarch bike original, in you opinion? How much is it worth? How old is the Monarch?

I think you'll find, if it's a running, fully operational bike, you'll get the most as it is. The base being an antique monarch may increase the value a little, but people pay 450, 600... and up for crappy chinese two stroke powered walmart bikes. I bet it will hold a decent value as is. That HD kit out will surely catch someone's eye.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Thanks Brian.
Is the Monarch bike original, in you opinion? How much is it worth? How old is the Monarch?

It's covered up with so much stuff, it's hard to see details.
Is the tank or top bar welded on or bolt on?
I see tanks and the cool headtube shroud. Train fender light.
Not sure of the worth of the Monark or its parts. @rusty513 should know.
Cool score if you get it.

I really like the tank with luggage rails, seat, seat, toolbar & rack. Thats a lot to fit on top of a bike. Beartraps are an odd choice imo.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I have parted out a few female Monarks. As with most women's bikes you will get the most cash if you part it out. The big ticket items on these bikes are the deep fenders, train light, shroud, and knucklehead springer. The wheel set (if it is Monark), chain guard, seat post and even kickstand are all sought after by anyone looking to restore a men's Super Deluxe. When you add to that the rat value of the gas tank and headlight, you have got a lot of $$$ tied up in that thing.

With all that said @ChimeraCycle is right, you can probably get even more from someone with a DUI and no license. Crappy Huffy Davidsons go for crazy money and this bike is far more interesting than that Walmart junk.

I suppose for top dollar you could remove some of the more desirable parts and replace them with modern stuff. Your buyer for this sort of thing is certainly going to be more concerned with "the look" than originality.

Am I seeing things correctly? Is that a banana seat mounted just behind and below the riders seat? With a backrest for the passenger? Funky, It is fun just looking at all of the add-ons!!

What is the brass emblem on the front fender?

I have parted out a few female Monarks. As with most women's bikes you will get the most cash if you part it out. The big ticket items on these bikes are the deep fenders, train light, shroud, and knucklehead springer. The wheel set (if it is Monark), chain guard, seat post and even kickstand are all sought after by anyone looking to restore a men's Super Deluxe. When you add to that the rat value of the gas tank and headlight, you have got a lot of $$$ tied up in that thing.

With all that said @ChimeraCycle is right, you can probably get even more from someone with a DUI and no license. Crappy Huffy Davidsons go for crazy money and this bike is far more interesting than that Walmart junk.

I suppose for top dollar you could remove some of the more desirable parts and replace them with modern stuff. Your buyer for this sort of thing is certainly going to be more concerned with "the look" than originality.

How much should I offer on this bike to make some cash, in the idea that I will part it?

PM'd

Latest posts

Back