Haro for parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I picked up this Haro for the pedals and front wheel. Any interest on the rest of it?

dsc0584z.jpg

dsc0585b.jpg

Interesting...I don't follow BMX bikes enough to know if they're all basically the same or not, but that thing looks almost exactly like the DK Six Pack bike I have. The stem is a little different, but other than that it looks the same.

dk5.jpg

Someone else will know better than I would. That's definitely a Haro head badge. I'm not sure what a Haro like that would go for new, but when I looked up the DK I believe it was an almost $400 bike new. Unless they're sourcing their bikes from the same place these days, that looks like a DK bike with a Haro badge to me, maybe some other Haro parts. Maybe somebody combined two bikes?

Here are the specs for the DK, see how many components match up with what you have:

http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2003&Brand=DK&Model=Six Pack&Type=bike

Backtrail X-1 or X-2. Not very old either. These sold for around $280 new. If the hubs are free, the crank is tight, and there isn't any frame damage under the tape "seat clamp" it may be worth fixing up.

You have a later model bike. The earlier ones had the curved frame and chainstay mounted brakes. I found an image on bmxmuseum.com that showed a blue 2008 model with the straight frame and seatstay mounted brakes. (can't post the link here at work for some reason... :x )

They all start to look the same after a while...after the last couple posts about the Backtrail, I went back and looked and my DK frame is different than yours. In this picture you can see the top tube ends in the seat tube instead of continuing through like the Haro:

dk4.jpg

These were tough little bikes but the hubs and crankarms were notorious for working their way loose. Kids kept riding them this way and would ruin them. Give these two problem areas a good inspection while you're cleaning it up.

Latest posts

Back