Haro frame ID?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, here's the story on this one. I bought this as a complete bike off of eBay well over 10 years ago. I'm almost positive at the time that it was represented as a Mongoose. I didn't know much about BMX at the time, but it seemed like a decent bike. I let it go over the years, it was stored in a shed that got rain and snow in it, etc. Recently, since I've gotten into bikes again I've had it in the barn with the rest of the bikes, and occasionally I have taken parts off of it for other things, although I don't remember exactly what, since it seems to be reasonably complete.

I put the blue paint on it, I remember using a sandblast cabinet at a place I used to work to sanblaste it, and used their paint booth to paint it.

So, fast-forward to today, I'm attempting in vain to clean up my shop, and there it is, in my way once again so I decide to break it down into parts. That's when I notice it's actually a Haro. It has the Haro insignia on the frame, and the chainring has a barely noticeable Haro logo. I never really looked at it that close in recent years. It was always what I considered a hodge-podge of parts (see GT stem), but now I'm wondering just what I have here?

One thing I thought was interesting that I never really paid attention to is the curvature of the bars where the grips go. Maybe that was common back in the day, but I never really notices it before, nor do I recall seeing a set of bars like it. Front brake is Dia-Compe Bulldog, not sure what happened to the rear, but I do remember putting a no-name brake on the rear in the past.

What can youse guys tell me about it? Don't see a serial number anywhere.

Pics:

hg1.jpg

hg2.jpg

hg3.jpg

hg4.jpg

hg5.jpg

hg6.jpg

hg7.jpg

hg8.jpg

expectnomercy said:
It's an 88 invert I just picked one up lol
I thought it was a HARO Master frame! 80s popular and made at the same company Torkers were made.

Back