Haroing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Going to try and build up this haro not sure what year or model. The frame is what I am starting with rainbow of colors on in. First thing I did was strip all paint down to bare metal using citra strip. Took about 3 times to get all the paint off. Next there was a couple small dings and a decent one on the top tube.
IMG_20221009_141338778.jpg
IMG_20221009_141324134.jpg

Was debating how I was going to fix it didn't want to just fill it full of Bondo or something. Kinda thought about cutting the dent out and welding a new piece in. Decided against that and came up with new idea. I drilled a hole opposite the dent made kinda like a punch with a old screwdriver cutting tip off then ground it to match inside of the frame. Stuck it the hole tapped it with a hammer to get most of the dent out. Plug welded the hole back up little body filler and primer and done.
IMG_20221009_182249042_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221009_182257364.jpg

Still need to go back over with the finish body filler stuff but I'm happy with it so far.
I'm trying to get the rest of the parts I need like forks,headset ,seat and post, brakes.
I have a set of aluminum mags that I want to use think they are from the 80's from what I can figure out.
Screenshot_20221012-124350.png
IMG_20221002_191816792.jpg

Need a cleaning and possibly paint they were originally black with edges unpainted

Nice work on those frame tube repairs, Brian!
Welcome to the WBO and keep those posts and photos coming!

Going to try and build up this haro not sure what year or model. The frame is what I am starting with rainbow of colors on in. First thing I did was strip all paint down to bare metal using citra strip. Took about 3 times to get all the paint off. Next there was a couple small dings and a decent one on the top tube.View attachment 212766View attachment 212767
Was debating how I was going to fix it didn't want to just fill it full of Bondo or something. Kinda thought about cutting the dent out and welding a new piece in. Decided against that and came up with new idea. I drilled a hole opposite the dent made kinda like a punch with a old screwdriver cutting tip off then ground it to match inside of the frame. Stuck it the hole tapped it with a hammer to get most of the dent out. Plug welded the hole back up little body filler and primer and done.View attachment 212769View attachment 212770
Still need to go back over with the finish body filler stuff but I'm happy with it so far.
I'm trying to get the rest of the parts I need like forks,headset ,seat and post, brakes.
I have a set of aluminum mags that I want to use think they are from the 80's from what I can figure out.View attachment 212775View attachment 212771
Need a cleaning and possibly paint they were originally black with edges unpainted
Good dent repair solution.

Are you teasing us by not showing the whole frame?
Sorry this was my starting point
IMG_20221002_191846668.jpg

Original plan was to rob what ever I could use off this kent chaos
IMG_20221004_182141298_HDR.jpg
but nothing works except for the wheels and seat post. I need to find a fork but not sure if this used a Threadless one or not. I'm thinking it uses a 1 1/8 steer tube. Hopefully the crank set will be here shortly.

Not much progress but I did manage to fit the wheels in my blast cabinet to get the bad silver paint off. Didn't have much room so having to keep turning them took most of the day.
Before
IMG_20221015_161708613.jpg

After
IMG_20221015_180124729.jpg
i picked up some universal bonding primer that I'm going to use on the aluminum mags then I need to figure out colors. Should be getting parts I'm waiting on maybe tomorrow or Tuesday. Need to get smalls ordered which is everything for brakes,headset, grips, seat and post,

Brian, are you going to try the Duplicolor Metalcast paint on the wheels? Those really came out nice!

No just using the bonding primer so hopefully it will bond with the aluminum mags .
I haven't used that type of primer before, I'm interested in seeing how it performs. Does it come in colors or just the typical brick red, flat black, or gray?

Latest posts

Back