Has anyone ever flown in a B-17 Bomber?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Has anyone ever flown in a B-17 Bomber? I am seriously thinking about it this weekend. We have one of the few flyable ones here at the Mighty 8th Museum this week. It's not cheap ($450), but it's a 30 minute in the air flight and you get to walk around to all the crew spots in the plane while in flight. Even the bomber nose cone. I figure I can cover the cost with the sale of a couple of bikes.
http://www.libertyfoundation.org/index.html

header-home_850.jpg

Never a flight in a B-17, but did do one in a B-25D in the late 1980's. It was being ferryied from Troy AL airport to Bessemer AL airport for an airshow and they needed more ballast and it was my lucky day! It was cramped, LOUD, and cold. But was an experience of a lifetime. The B-17 won't be cramped like the B-25. My hat is off to anyone who ever went into combat in one of those!

I'd pay twice that no problem. I know what I'm doing next time I fly into Savannah to see my step mother.

Never been in a B-17 but I got to fly a crop duster, and I have been in a commercial airliner...kinda freaks you out when I saw duct tape on the wing though :shock: , guy next to me about lost his mind when I pointed it out (Mid-flight) :lol: Not the first time I have trusted my life to duct tape so I was fine with it.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
I'd pay twice that no problem. I know what I'm doing next time I fly into Savannah to see my step mother.

Ian, It's not a permanent thing. They are just here this week and weekend, but keep an eye on their schedule to see if they come to a town near you.
Let me know if you're ever in SAV though and we can go for a ride and a beer.

Gold Street Customs said:
We had one in Ukiah about a 6 months ago, they wanted $500 for a flight and $15 to look at it ? I used my binoculars... :lol:

This one is free to see or $450 for 45 minutes (15 on land 30 in the air).

I'd still rather actually take the controls of a crop duster. I got to do it for free, I knew a farmer who said he'd teach me to fly it if I would help with the farm work. Most fun I have ever had.

Latest posts

Back