Hawthorne Motorbike #2 - El Torreon Find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only bike I brought home from the El Torreon Swap in Kansas City. Needs a light and a new truss rod bracket (which I had already) . Might put a set of crossbrace bars on it I have lying around.

Hawthorne007.jpg

Hawthorne003.jpg

Hawthorne015.jpg

Hawthorne014.jpg

Hawthorne013.jpg

Hawthorne012.jpg

Hawthorne011.jpg

Hawthorne010.jpg

Hawthorne009.jpg

Hawthorne008.jpg

Hawthorne016.jpg

Your bike is the Comet model directly out of the 1939/1940 fall/winter Montgomery Ward catalog. Interestingly this bike:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28860

is the girls companion model from the same catalog. Both were made for MW by the H.P. Snyder Company

The only significant thing that looks like it has been changed out on your bike is the fork but you have the correct fork on your other bike if you decide to switch them.

rms37 said:
Your bike is the Comet model directly out of the 1939/1940 fall/winter Montgomery Ward catalog. Interestingly this bike:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28860

is the girls companion model from the same catalog. Both were made for MW by the H.P. Snyder Company

The only significant thing that looks like it has been changed out on your bike is the fork but you have the correct fork on your other bike if you decide to switch them.

Thanks! I was hoping you would chime in about these! :)

Latest posts

Back