Hawthorne muscle bike .. kinda ugly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this bike is in good shape but not super excited about it? Should I be?

Attachments

• IMG_4022.JPG
    IMG_4022.JPG
    255.6 KB
  • IMG_4023.JPG
    IMG_4023.JPG
    269.4 KB
  • IMG_4024.JPG
    IMG_4024.JPG
    253 KB
I think that's a kid's bike (made by Snyder, who made Rollfast also) that was converted to a muscle bike. The rear fender is not cropped, the seat is the wrong color as are the handlebar grips.
It should have a standard seat and regular handlebars. But it is in good shape, and a boy's bike from the 60's, which is uncommon because boys usually destroy their bikes within a year. I know firsthand about destroying bikes as a boy.

It's same as the rollfast. @rrtbike just sold a 26" w a floating tank. I got the red rollfast. Look under the rollfast and can see theiddle bar is decorative and almo yust an after thought... I think the Hawthorne's are hot... Twin tube no middle... I'd take before a roll if had one prolly already.

Flip he rollfast over look how the center tube is thrown in same frame as Hawthorne.
Hawthorne was the brand name used by Montgomery ward. They also used AMF frames along with the Snyder (Rollfast).

Yes sorry be unclear, was just trying get him o flip the rollfast over, it's very apparent he middle bar was slammed in to separate the models... I'm starting to think I'd like a Hawthorne version as well. My rollfast is boxed waiting parts or I'd shoot it.

Yes sorry be unclear, was just trying get him o flip the rollfast over, it's very apparent he middle bar was slammed in to separate the models... I'm starting to think I'd like a Hawthorne version as well. My rollfast is boxed waiting parts or I'd shoot it.
Is there any value on this bike -- another bike I see next to nothing about

Screenshot_2016-11-07-09-26-41.png
Screenshot_2016-11-07-09-27-09.png
you can be this guy.. call it a 1920s bike...
You may end up dealing with someone like me pointing out its missing a tank, and interested in for parts at $40...
Ads still up and I got no reply.

Nice guy even throwing in basket braces floating the air.. it's a different style frame.. I'm sure someone would be interested.
I saw first here and found mine from @rrtbike

Latest posts

Back