Hawthorne or Western Flyer?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually got this old girl a few weeks ago. Obviously shes been ridden hard and left to die in a backyard in Sausalito CA. The only markings I see is it says Warrior on the chainguard. Fork, crank arm and back rim are bent. Was going to just be yard art till I realized I have a fork I will try to paint to match, and I have the identical crank arm from another identical frame I recently finished rat rodding. Rims are trueable. Going to attempt to get this old girl back on the road with buying just tubes, tire liners, and a can of flat grey spray paint. I have a matching tire to replace the rotted rear, the fork, crank arm and pedals. I believe I can get this wounded warrior back on the road.

image.jpeg

I would say the same, Snyder/Rollfast built bike.

You can straighten the front forks. There are several posts on how to do it, I've done it a couple times myself with great success.

You can straighten the front forks. There are several posts on how to do it, I've done it a couple times myself with great success.
Do you think there would be a chance ofthem cracking if i did straighten them? I have an identical fork ive been trying to match the color to and no luck. I would love to use this one

They don't have a severe bend, so the straightening shouldn't make a crack. But they are lighter forks than the 50's, so I would check them every so often for cracks. The spot they usually crack is right near the bottom bearing area. At the top of the crown where it'll be hidden from view. You'll have to take them off to get a good look.

Id rather not always wonder if they are going to snap on me or not. Im gonna go with a flat black on the fork and call it good. Want to finish the rebuild to make more room in my work area. I need space. I did a bad thing today and counted bikes. One more and I have 30

Latest posts

Back