HBBC SkullXBones Downtown Edition

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like pretty much everybody here, I have too many bikes. But that doesn't stop me from checking classifieds, mainly looking for parts mules. This bike popped up and the owner kept dropping the price and when it hit $100 I couldn't pass it up. It is an early model Huntington Beach Bicycle Company SkullXBones Downtown Edition. The newer models have apehangers, different graphics, but otherwise the same. Rear hub is a Nexus 3 speed coaster. The seller was the original owner and he added the suicide shifter, seatpost, seat, pedals, and chain. There was also a Kroozie cup holder mounted on the bars that I removed because it was bright blue and made my eyes hurt. I'll probably paint the Kroozie flat black, sticker it up, and put it back on. I'm going to give it a service and keep it as is until I finish my other builds and then soup it up some to my own taste.

Sorry for the inside the garage photos but it's a cold and rainy day today.

20220527_165907.jpg

20220527_165933.jpg

Last edited:
The whole leave it alone and soup it up later thing lasted about 17 hours. I replaced the seat with a stitched Electra elastomer model, midi ape hangers, Duro Beach Bum 26 - 3.0 whitewalls, skull decals on the toptube, and modified the cup holder. The tires were a blem bargain bin deal and fit, but I'll probably shim the fork legs out 1/8" on each side for peace of mind. One pedal had mulched bearings but the races were OK so new bearings fixed it right up. I have just had time to ride it around a little in the neighborhood and it rides real nice.

20220625_180925.jpg

20220625_180938.jpg

20220625_180947.jpg

I like the addition of the RRB sticker to the cupholder, perfect size for that.
After I applied the sticker, I shot it with a couple of coats of clear to keep it stuck.

It looks like it belongs on the bike now rather than the bright blue it used to be.

Latest posts

Back