Hellion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Built up the front brake with a head light attached. I think I’ll move it back and inch closer to the frame so it’s tucked in between the fork.
10022992-03CF-48D7-BF38-DE697137E412.jpeg

I was looking for a jump ring to attach the chain, from the siren to the brake lever. I pulled one from a keychain and I needed another, and found this very cool coffin ashtray key chain I won at the Kansas State Fair many years ago in a claw machine. Claw machines are my favorite. Anyway, I added some extra chain to the ashtray keychain and attached it to the left brake lever. When you open it up a little shelf comes out to hold your “smoke”.
889936DC-47FB-4245-8A14-19036AC85A70.jpeg
EFB9C7FD-CCE3-430A-BD02-5E077C20FAD2.jpeg

Some old school style coming with that foxtail! Comes around every 10 years or so. Time to Rep!View attachment 205359

That reminds me of one of the foxtails I brought back from the Tallin, Estonia Christmas Market 10 years ago. I ended up selling all of these, but I kept the racoon tail and might actually use it this year.

1661115765942.png

So far I’m digging this, and I understand every part of the build, except for the knobby tire. Will this get a knobby on the rear as well?….or are you going to go for street tires?
Thank you for checking it out and following my build!🙏🏻 The tires came off of a Hiawatha I built many years ago. I felt that the build was calling for a certain “patina”, since the items that I already had, were of an off white and aged similarly in color. I was also going for a vintage hot rod or chopper vibe, and the white walls seem to fit the build. The tires are super comfy on the street. And I can go on the dirt if needed. The rear wheel that I converted to a three speed, is in the shop getting true by a professional. Hopefully I will get it back this week and mount the other tire. The knobbies are part of what I like about these tires. Gives it a beefy feel in my opinion. Here is some inspiration from which i got my ideas from.
8FD43082-A856-4C2F-AC7C-8C4DFB80D75F.png
D687465A-9E8D-4F94-BC70-46350885482B.png
7AAC8158-786A-4459-B740-82DB24AB17E4.png
A9625EBB-D5AE-48A3-8D89-748814F0A47F.jpeg

Well the patina is certainly appropriate.

Everything depends on where you ride of course. It’s a rarity when I venture onto a patch of dirt.

As soon as I could get street tires on it, I dropped my knobbies like a week old fish taco.

:bigboss:

Edit… I was lucky too. I was gonna take those knobbies and shave the knobs off of them. 512 knobs per tire. I did the math. Yikes!

My plan all along was to go with the big shifter. It would look out of place if I used a smaller one. The covers aren’t able to be used from the small to the large, so I will have to paint the cover. I painted it black to blend with the tank but may work on the off white patina look. Thanks @kingfish254 & @Dr. Tankenstein fornthe input! 💪🏻

My plan all along was to go with the big shifter. It would look out of place if I used a smaller one. The covers aren’t able to be used from the small to the large, so I will have to paint the cover. I painted it black to blend with the tank but may work on the off white patina look. Thanks @kingfish254 & @Dr. Tankenstein fornthe input! 💪🏻

I could have sworn that both tall and short shimano shifters used the same cover from the ones that I have had. Are you sure it's just not a simple trim of where the shifter arm stick out?

Latest posts

Back