Hellion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool build, tons of attention to detail. I really like the pin striping. I'd like to learn to stripe some day. I don't know if I'm steady enough to be able to do a good job of it. Lots of cool accents on this bike. Nicely done. đź‘Ť

Cool build, tons of attention to detail. I really like the pin striping. I'd like to learn to stripe some day. I don't know if I'm steady enough to be able to do a good job of it. Lots of cool accents on this bike. Nicely done. đź‘Ť
I appreciate the kind words and you checking it out. I cannot take credit for the pin striping, as I bought it already painted this way. A great find for $10 bucks! I may lay some basic lines down on the fork legs, but I am no way a pin striper. Only tried my hands at it a few times. A legendary pin striper named Rody was where I learned by watching. Received a Mac brush at 10 and fiddled a bit with it. Striped my Honda 80 dirt bike. I don’t think I’m steady enough either and why I haven’t tried on this bike yet. Thanks again!

That was a great find for $10! And it made for a really cool bike!

I still have my first Honda Z50 (it's a '69, like me). Got it when I was 11. Maybe I'll stripe that, it needs paint. :grin:
I got mine when I was 11 or 12. I bought it with my own money and my mom test drove it for me and drove it home. Then I learned to ride. The second pic is a 50 Indian. My brother just gave it to a friend and I’m a bit upset oh wel
E85C4851-B16B-49FF-B70E-8B1386960BC8.jpeg
9678F29F-D3E9-4CFB-9A65-08402F27CB2C.jpeg

Super cool! I love the Honda jersey. I would have loved an 80 but my mom thought it was too big so I got the 50. I still loved it. I learned to ride on a buddy's YZ80 with no foot pegs or functioning clutch. That was fun! Thanks for posting the pics, it brings back memories of my own.

My wait for my wheel to get true is finally over. The place I took it to, blew it off for two weeks and lied to me twice about when it would be done. After walking around upset and furious at work today I decided to head up to the shop, ready to get my wheel and also ready to kill and burn up the place. I was totally ready to torch the place. I don’t take kindly to liars or thieves. Walked in and dealt with someone different. The wheel just happen to be right behind the register ready for me, but they never contacted me like they were suppose to. I paid and kindly left. I had so much I wanted to say, hoping to instigate a fight with someone so I could give a proper beat down and release my rage. Quite crazy I know. That is just the kind of luck I get when need help from others while willing to pay for the services. I should have just spent the two weeks figuring out myself like I did lacing the wheel. Real tired of always getting screwed around. Someone is gonna get my rage one day.
D47389D0-7DBD-43DF-8D13-777EBC4F814F.jpeg

My wait for my wheel to get true is finally over. The place I took it to, blew it off for two weeks and lied to me twice about when it would be done. After walking around upset and furious at work today I decided to head up to the shop, ready to get my wheel and also ready to kill and burn up the place. I was totally ready to torch the place. I don’t take kindly to liars or thieves. Walked in and dealt with someone different. The wheel just happen to be right behind the register ready for me, but they never contacted me like they were suppose to. I paid and kindly left. I had so much I wanted to say, hoping to instigate a fight with someone so I could give a proper beat down and release my rage. Quite crazy I know. That is just the kind of luck I get when need help from others while willing to pay for the services. I should have just spent the two weeks figuring out myself like I did lacing the wheel. Real tired of always getting screwed around. Someone is gonna get my rage one day. View attachment 206311
On the upside you have your wheel. You also now know where NOT to take your business and give your money to. You always have those places where everyone swears they're the greatest but you get nothing but bad service. Those are the ones I find the easiest to weed out

On the upside you have your wheel. You also now know where NOT to take your business and give your money to. You always have those places where everyone swears they're the greatest but you get nothing but bad service. Those are the ones I find the easiest to weed out
Agreed. They did good work and were very nice. They chose to prioritize all the racing bikes coming in the shop over my work which insults me. I was still a paying customer and should be first come first serve. But like you said, at least I have my wheel. 👍🏼

Wheels and tires look awesome on there.
Can't wait for the sexy bits to get added!

Finally got a chance to catch up on this build! Dang dude, save some talent for the rest of us! That tank turned out A M A Z I N G! And that chain guard is shaping up nicely too! You've built some sweet bikes before, but this is bound to be your best one yet! You got quite the starting point for your bike; pinstriped, perfectly patina'd, and all for $10?! That's a score and a half! I think all the modifications you've made fit this bike like a glove. I can't wait to see this Hellion scream across the finish line! Great job!

Finally got a chance to catch up on this build! Dang dude, save some talent for the rest of us! That tank turned out A M A Z I N G! And that chain guard is shaping up nicely too! You've built some sweet bikes before, but this is bound to be your best one yet! You got quite the starting point for your bike; pinstriped, perfectly patina'd, and all for $10?! That's a score and a half! I think all the modifications you've made fit this bike like a glove. I can't wait to see this Hellion scream across the finish line! Great job!
Thank you @Bike from the Dead for ripping through my build thread! 🙏🏻 I think a lot of things fell in to place for this build, with parts had and parts found. I’m glad you like the tank! Other than minimal art skills and an eye for symmetry, my talents are limited. I got super lucky to find the material for my tank base. Sculpture Block. The process went smooth and I was excited to share it, hoping others would try doing something similar down the line. Somewhat affordable way to make a tank. I dig what you are doing as well. Learning a lot from watching your processes for developing patina. We still have a lots of little things to do. I thought my 3 speed wheel build would stop the build in its tracks, but luck turned for the better. Hope to see you at the finish line.

Latest posts

Back