Hello from america's Roller Coast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I finally get to be a member of this board. After lurking here since Sep. I now have a computer capable of dealing with the media this board “requires”. My camera has also been unusable for a couple of years so all of my recent builds have no progress photos and some of my bikes (15 working) are getting there first photos.

My name is Joe Richards and I’m old, …… really, really, really old compared to most board members. I just don’t build that way. I have 4 Stingrays, a Huffy wheely bike, a Lowrider trike that’s power assist, and a pixie.

I’m also a more serious cyclist, I ride recumbents for long distances and for commuting to work. I’ve got my own style of doing things but I can use the good idea’s of others when needed. I’m sure this will be evident when you view my photos.

I have one “rat-rod”, a 66 Schwinn Phantom 24 in. stuffed with 26 in. white walls and red rims.
My real rat is a 90 JC Penny mountain bike converted to power assist, It’s called the “Urban Assault Vehicle” and it looks the part. It’s designed for wet/inclement weather.

My skills include rattle can painting, brazing, all manners of hub rebuilding, lacing and truing wheels, drivetrain design and a feeble attempt at artwork.
Please check out my photos, you’ll find most in other bikes.

I'm located in Sandusky OH, the armpit of the cycling world.
phantom66.jpg

Welcome! Sounds like you know the right stuff.............I'd like to see the recumbent. (don't tell anyone I asked) :oops:

Well, anything's better than a Commodore 64...congrats on the upgrade. :lol:

That Schwinn looks awesome...great color scheme!

Ii's about time Joe. :lol:

I worked with this guy for a few years and his work is amazing. please post a picture of the chopper.....and the trike.....
well just post pictures of them all...

good to you see on the forum and tell Stosh to hop on as well.

~Bellmont

Welcome aboard! My wife and I were just up at cedar point a few weeks ago. I picked up a 1960 Jagaur while I was up there.

Gotta love the TOFT Ice Cream!

Back