Hello from Iowa

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

A friend has just recently turned me on to these old bikes. He invited me over to show me his collection and I think I'm hooked. Well I got an old Monark from him yesterday. I don't know much about it but I did manage to get it all stripped down to the bare frame today.

I'm gonna need some parts soon though. This is all I got. I Think I'm gonna go buy a cheap Huffy from Wal Mart and get some parts from it.

I'm pretty excited to get it done. This is gonna be a fun journey.

100_6858.jpg

Its funny WalMart use to sell a cruiser for $118. It was a next bike with an aluminum frame. It came with whitewalls and a Nexus 3 speed. They were well worth the price for the parts. I think people were buying them and selling the wheelsets on Ebay.
Welcome to the forum. :lol:

Welcome to the forum. I would try to find and older donor bike or wheel set and fix them up. I think the Wal-Mart way is a shortcut. Stick with quality older parts though. What are you planning for paint on your build?

Boss

I just need a few more parts. I think the seat post is gonna be the most difficult to find.

100_6904.jpg

Latest posts

Back