Hello from Jax

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello out there. I am very new to this idea but love the looks and styles of bikes I can't wait to find my first bike and start working. A little about me I am 29 live in Jacksonville Florida am in the US Navy married with 2 little daughters have a big interest in anything old honestly. I collect all types of stuff ranging from vinyl records to nautical antiques. Anyway if you old "salts" have any tips for someone who is looking to get started hit me up!!!

EvoEric

Welcome aboard!

The first thing I would recommend is to watch out for traffic here in Jacksonville. I ride on base at Mayport, Hanna park, or the Baldwin rail trail to ride away from the idiots. The bike paths painted along the roads aren't safe at all. Along second street at the beach is good also.

I was in Walmart the other day and saw a 29 inch cruiser for $149, I would be tempted to get one of those and customize it. But you can get a good bike to work on at Goodwill or Craigslist for 50 bucks or so. An old beachcruiser has many possibilities for ratting out. A new one is 79 bucks at Walmart.

I've got a garage full of old bikes, frames, and parts that need to be downsized. Shoot me a pm.

Of course right when I want to do something I am interested in the navy decides it's a good thing to send me to my boat. Well it's part of the job I will return soon enough.

Evo

Latest posts

Back