Hello from KC,MO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't ridden in about 30 years (had several really bad car and motorcycle accidents), but decided I wanted to give it another shot. So, I bought an Electra Rat Rod from Midwest Cyclery a few weeks ago. The last bike I had owned was a circa 1970 yellow Schwinn Stingray.

The Electra has been a blast to ride around Westport and the Plaza, and I'm definitely hooked on cycling now. I also recently bought my second bike - a Micargi Bronco GTS 3.0 in flat black. I've got my eyes out now for a Felt Chief, an Electra Flying Sue, Sparker silver/blue, Straight Eight 3i, and a Phat Stretch Deluxe. I've also got a Choppers US Super Fat on order. I'm also looking for a nice full-suspension mountain bike, and a beater bike for the winter.

I realize that buying a bunch of new bikes with retro style doesn't mesh well with the "rat rod" ideals and way of doing things, but I work 100+ hrs/wk and have trouble finding time just to ride 5-6 hrs/week. I definitely don't have time to shop for vintage bikes and try to restore/build my own masterpieces (maybe if/when i retire ...).

I went to my first bike swap/show last weekend (Peddlers) and had a good time. Saw some cool bikes, but had to get back to work so didn't stay long.

I'm looking forward to dropping by here occasionally to check up on you guys and see the latest creations. Seem like a bunch of really cool people here, and I've found lots of useful info and links already too. :)

Latest posts

Back