Hello from LaPorte TX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was referred here by someone on a car forum i'm on to check you guys out for advice, and style ideas. i have been looking over the site off and on all morning and i must say, yall have some awesome bikes!

i just took possession of a 47 Schwinn, purchased by my great grandparents, at the local tire shop in Ozark Arkansas for my grand fathers 10th birthday. then it was my dads bike when he was a kid. its pretty beat and has about 5 coats of paint all applied using chicken feathers as a brush. drove out to my grand parents place in Louisiana yesterday, pulled it out of the attic, and brought it home.

Restoration has begun!
IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

so far i have been stripping it down to bare metal, and giving it a light coat of primer to avoid surface rust, till its all ready.

Hi and welcome. Nice project. Glad to see it getting your attention. I'm just up the road a piece from you in Houston.

Cheers.

Welcome man... Im just up the road in clear lake, let me know if ya need a hand with the bike.

Latest posts

Back