HELLO FROM LONDON

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

My names Nick and Im Australian but have been living in London close to 10 years. I have only just recently got into the old balloon bikes you guys have in the US and was lucky enough to find a JC Higgins bike when I was in NY on holidays a few weeks ago. I have already wasted many hours trawling ebay for parts and only just recently found this great site that I know is going to come in very handy.

Below are two pictures of the bike I found. Once I got back to London I put the whitewalls on (I purchased them when I was in NY), plus the bars that I bought off some random guy sat on the street in NY selling old bikes...I know they aren't correct but they will do for now. A friend kindly gave me the brooks saddle that is nicely worn to match the patina of the bike. Through my late nights of searching the internet and the forum I think I have figured out that it was probably a late 50s JC Higgins bike built by Murray? Please correct me if Im wrong. Plans for the old girl are...

- To find a tank with similar patina...maybe even a color flow tank or what ever is cheapest
- Matching chain guard with similar patina
- Color flow back rack

Long term plans would be to put springer forks on it, replace the cranks with some original ones, replace the bars/grips, and find guards plus any other extras like lights etc. As you could probably imagine, its hard to find people willing to ship parts over to London and it looks like it might also be expensive. If anyone has any parts and is willing to to send them to me please feel free to get in contact.

Regards,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back