Hello from Montreal, Canada

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
This site is GREAT !

I am married and 44 years young, used to get Muddy on the MTB. then the Kids came along, then we all got Muddy in a Jeep.
places to get Muddy are getting harder to come by.

I always loved the beach bikes and cruisers that I would see at the Beach while on vacation, so I decided to get a cruiser.
Cruisers in Montreal bike shops are very rare! what to do? The quest begins, I surfed the net and quickly came across some very cool sites: Rat Rod Bikes, Freak Bike Militia, Bike Rod n Kustom etc... I was hooked! I wanted, no I NEEDED a bike.
my quest for a used doner was not going well. So I ordered what I feel is a classic So-Cal cruiser, the Dyno Kustom Kruiser
Roadster ( I loved the springer fork) orered it all the way from Reno Nevada, shipped to Vermont and picked up and brought her home.

Since then my used bike search has improved, I was at a Custom car show in the Flea Market area and a vintage bike called out to me. The sign said 196? : $ 15. What a find ! It turns out it was a better find than I thought, she is a 1931 CCM.
I found some pics on the net of a very simular looking bike but of a later year and it was called a "Redbird Roadster"
I do not know if that name is valid for a 31'

So, now I also have my first project bike.

The Dyno has a few things added so far, silver flame pin stripes on the top of the chainguard to match the factory logo's,
I added a chrome beverage holder I found on a Motercycle site. and I took two little chrome wine stoppers from the dollar store,
broke off the plastic ball on top, drilled and tapped them to make some pretty cool rear axle nuts.

OK, that is enough ranting

Back