Hello from New Jersey

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hello everyone ,
Just found the web sight and figured i drop in .
A little about my self ? Well i have always tinkered around with something , go-carts , bikes , pedal cars, Vws , muscle cars and old school vans . I had a few Schwinn stingrays a few years ago and restored them . I didn't very much care for the way they road . After i sold them i pretty much just kept to mountain biking .
Now that i'm getting older down hilling and rock gardens are not much of an option anymore .
I was looking at my little swap meet bike the other day and decided i wanted a older balloon tire bike insted . So i was checking craigs list and i found a few bikes but this one reall caught my eye .
It's a 51 Schwinn BF Goodrich bike . It's going to need some work maybe fenders and cleaner wheels . I don't really plan on doing a full restoration at this point I'll have to see where it takes me .
Anyway i know every one likes photos so here ya go ..
thanks Joe
DSCN1002.jpg

Small world ,
I just came across the add that was placed here from the seller . I never new he was a member here , i think thats really cool . .

Thanks Joe ! I really dig this bike .

Thanks for the welcome Kc

Welcome neighbor. Is that Clayton Park ? I ride the cruisers on the boardwalk, Belmar thru Spring Lake is beautiful,so is the Henry Hudson Trail in Freehold. Go for some extra gears on Alaire to Manasquan trail or the 29er for the rest.

Awesome straight bar schwinn. I would take it apart and wash it with hot soapy water. Some OA on the chrome some new tires and ride it. I used to live in jersey. Maybe I'll go back some day!

Latest posts

Back