Hello from Oceanside, CA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the spirit of forum rules I figured I'd get started off on the right foot. I haven't built any bikes but I did come across this forum while trying to research new beach cruisers. I mainly was just trying to find reviews/comments/feedbacks/recommendation of various brands of current model cruisers. Then I saw pictures of really cool bikes here, both new and old.

I recently sold a Trek FX hybrid but knew I wanted to replace it with a cruiser. So after looking at new bikes I decided I wanted an Electra (just liked the way the looked and rode in test rides around a parking lot!) I really liked the Electra Sparker I just was trying to rationalize the price new. I thought I was going to buy used and kept an eye on craigslist mainly for 3 speed cruisers (focusing primarily on Electra.) Prices for those seemed to be in the 300-400 neighborhood for "like new" examples.

Then I was in Sports Chalet and looking at the bikes just to sit on them and see what some are like and I saw the Electra Flying Sue 3i in person with a price of $399 hanging on the bars. I liked the look of it, aluminum frame, fatti-o's front and rear, and a fairly big seat for my big butt (similar to the sparker seat.) I don't know if these are on closeout or being discontinued or not selling well or what but I figured for $399 plus some tax I could live with that.

Here's a picture (I didn't see any posted on here and I did a quick search.) I'll probably add some more to the cool Electra bike pics thread too.

4302424836_603b045864.jpg

Foz

Latest posts

Back