Hello from Ohio !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. My name is vontrike, and I have a bicycle addiction. I have been obsessed my entire life [53 years] with them and the last 23 I have been hoarding,,,um, collecting. I have done restorations, but enjoy customs and rats much more, as they seem to fit my character better. My garage is full of rusty unrestored bikes, a few customs, a few recumbents, and parts hanging everywhere. I enjoy many different brands and my oldest would be a 28 Mead, while my newest would be my Dyno stretch. I also collect dark antiques, such as caskets, funeral home signs and equipment, and haunt my yard every October with a big display for the kids. Otherwise, I work as a bicycle assembler for Walmart, have been happily married for 22 years, have two sons and a beagle. I am on a couple other sites too, but really enjoy checking out this one, so figured I would join. Thanks.

I hope your not one of the Walmart bike assemblers that leaves the forks the wrong way around? You might cop some flack on here if you are! There is a whole thread devoted to that somewhere... :wink:

Seriously though, Welcome!

Luke.

No, I have been assembling there for 10 years now. When we get busy they let anyone build bikes. Myself and the other assembler then have to go over what they built and turn the forks the right way, among other small things, like tighten everything. And yes, it took me awhile to get on here. Hopefully, I fit in here better.

Rust, primer, and metalflake are my fav's,, and thanks for the welcomes. I got my photos loaded to Photobucket, so now trying to get them posted.

vontrike said:
Rust, primer, and metalflake are my fav's,, and thanks for the welcomes. I got my photos loaded to Photobucket, so now trying to get them posted.

Where at in Ohio? My in Laws are in Dayton area and I always find time to get over to DaddyKatz when I'm there. Have you been to any of there Bike Shows? If so I'm jealous, I haven't made it one yet.

01dudley said:
vontrike said:

Where at in Ohio? My in Laws are in Dayton area and I always find time to get over to DaddyKatz when I'm there. Have you been to any of there Bike Shows? If so I'm jealous, I haven't made it one yet.

I'm in the Dayton area. DaddyKatz cancelled their fall show and I haven't anything about the spring (March) show. Hopefully they make it happen. The Cincy Rat Riders have a big show June 1. Also, we are working on a couple of outdoor shows in Dayton. One in May/June and the other in the fall.

Terry66 said:
01dudley said:
vontrike said:

I'm in the Dayton area. DaddyKatz cancelled their fall show and I haven't anything about the spring (March) show. Hopefully they make it happen. The Cincy Rat Riders have a big show June 1. Also, we are working on a couple of outdoor shows in Dayton. One in May/June and the other in the fall.

Awesome. Please keep me in the loop on those events if you dont care. I will have to come visit the inlaws more it looks like. Cools bikes and a trip to the burger wagon doesnt gef any better than that

Sure thing. The Cincy Rat Riders have their ride schedule posted in the "events" section as well as info on their big show June 1. The Dayton show is still in the planning stages, but we should have a date/location firmed up in a week or so. It's gonna be a good one..

Latest posts

Back