Hello From Omaha.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I'm Headhunter or HH from Omaha. I'm a noob when it comes to Bicycles. I have always worked on motorcycles and enjoy tearing them down and fabing up something that hasn't been done before. With that said, I am a functional bike builder, not a show guy.
Long story short, my daughter (11 y/o) got a new bike and we wanted to ride together. I am not the most gracefully man on a bike, so I shopped about and found I like 29" bikes. Before I spend too much on a crazy nice bike, I went with the Onyx Genisis bike. Inexpensive and looks easy enough to buildout and mess with. So I started messing with it. Just some bolt-ons and debadging for now.... and maybe some horns....
Hopefully I can add some pictures here.
I hope to learn alot here and be inspired for some fun builds. And please bear with me as I may have some novice questions.
960108_10201541908844337_1539309946_n.jpg
1524927_10201541908604331_1914489130_n.jpg
1513185_10201541908364325_679132294_n.jpg

Last edited:
heya headhunter, welcome to the site.
im in Fremont and i have a genesis onex as well.
i like what you did with yours.
mines kinda a bobber style simple change of bars mounted front fender to rear and added a license plate
do you ever get to Fremont?
im like 30 minutes from Omaha depending where about you are.
them genesis bikes are good for the money just make sure all the bearings are greased mine blew the rear hub from not being greased.
otherwise its a sweet bike and yours is another example if how these bikes can be cool
again welcome to the site im sure you will love it.
Sean.
almost forgot here's my onex i show it alot but as i always say its my favorite bike

WILD! Bring that bad boy down to Midwest Bicycle Fest

Back