Hello From Portland, OR

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New bars wont accommodate my handle shifter. Looking for a 333 click stick. Please let me know if anyone has one laying around!
aaf341c14bfec3625873f76890af66c4.jpg

Well made a compromise today. Diy shifter relocation
cba662149325b2f21662f28d801fb871.jpg
30ba3fce948f05e73d181e5ba0dee21e.jpg
;

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just an idea, but maybe you can pinstripe over your shifter mount to blend it with the frame.
That's an idea. I'm not too happy with the outcome. I think I will get by with this for now, but am still going to keep an eye out for a 333 shifter. I think that will be the cleaner alternative.

I was originally thinking I would go with the long 333 shifter, but do you guys think the shorty would fit the bill? Seems the taller ones are harder to come by. Thoughts? Like the one below probably mounted in the same location....
$T2eC16JHJGkE9no8gJ!EBRBQZEw-zg~~60_1.JPG

Also, another bag of worms I am about to open is shorting the shift cable. I've never done this, pretty straight forward?

Having a blast making this thing "mine"! :thumbsup:

I'll leave the shift cable question to the professionals.
My personal preference for the shifter would depend on how I fit the bike, if I sit more upright I'd go long shifter mounted close to the head tube. If I'm sitting back and low in the frame I'd put a short shift close to or under the seat,kinda like a jockey/suicide shift.

Ordered a shorty 333, wasnt going to be able to sleep until I had a solution. :confused: We'll see how it works out.
Yep, your addicted... Welcome to the club! :thumbsup:

Luke.

looking good,if it were my bike and I wasnt too worried about drilling holes I would have run the gear shift cable inside the frame and out near the bottom of the seatstay,then either cut the springer spring or tighten up the springer bolt,cut off the the end of the bolt so the stem still fits in the fork to lower the front end,I am into apes so I would go with apes as a statement,low bike tall apes just personably appeal to me,topped off with a saddle bag maybe,just remember that most of us have and build bikes that are truelly "never done" only finished,good luck

Latest posts

Back