hello from southern il

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am new to the site and bike restoring. My father-in-law had an old AMF silver streak roadmaster in there shed that they gave me. It is in rough shape needs new tires among other things. I have been trying to date it but I have not had any luck. I have not found any thing online about the silver streak.

100_5101.jpg

100_5098.jpg

Welcome !!! from another southern illinoisan :) Just guessing I'd say 60's with that star pattern sprocket, and it looks to be a middleweight bike too maybe which was a 60's thing as well.

Thanks for the information on the date. do you know of any other sites that may have info on AMF bikes. I have yet to see any info on this particular roadmaster.

Hey byzkitt, hello and welcome to RatRodBikes! :)
My guess is yer bike is about 1959-1961. I think that sprocket design was used up to the mid sixties, but earlier in the sixties, the chain guard was redesigned. You probably should give the bike a good cleaning, grease the bearings, and adjust everything . . . then . . . RIDE IT! :wink:

Latest posts

Back