Hello from Texas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me:
I'm 37 and married with 3 kids under 5... so I'm broke!
I'm a designer in the oilfield industry and I love to fiddle with stuff. I love industrial design the most! I like figuring out what makes that certain item attractive, wither it be a cup, car or bike. If a person can conquer "form" and apply it to function" they will have a best seller on their hands. I'm also designing and building a one of a kind paintball gun, I hope to have a prototype in the next few months. I also spell bad and have awful grammar.... So I think Google offers a translator for that?

Me and bikes:
When I was a kid my dad, grandpa and I used to build hot rod banana seat bikes. I remember seeing baby food jars full of bearings, bolt and nuts. lots of really good memories. Anywho I've been dumpster diving for the past four Sundays and found two older women's Schwinn's and a old mens Murray Monterey. I was going to do a nice restore on them until I found this website....
I went through all the build-offs last night and searched out every photo on this forum, I was lol the whole time. My wife asked me why I was lol, I told her this site was incredible! I was laughing because I was so amazed at the artistry, this forum has awakened the banana seat monster with in me! Being that I'm broke, this "media" Rat Rod bikes offers me an outlet for my creativity. I'll post some pictures of my bikes tonight, as they are now, I have a plan for all three of them.

Yall:
I have some questions on what certain parts are called, so I can Google and search out these parts. Where do I go to ask these questions?

Where in west Texas are you at? Or is that where, West? :wink:

Latest posts

Back