Hello from Texas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hello folks. I am Aaron andI live near Austin, TX which has a pretty good bike scene. We have a monthly swap meet called Frankenbike which is a ton of fun to go to if you are a buyer, seller, troller, or lover of anything related to bikes. Usually, there are plenty of ratty bikes from cruisers to beater bikes, to fixies.

I've always loved rat rod cars and trucks and the bicycles that capture their feel and image. I always liked stuff with primer, flat black, or rusty patinas, but I can't resist something with bright and or shiny paint. As such, my previous collection of bikes reflects this. I have always loved Electra's line of bikes and have owned a couple of Townies as well as a Rat Fink. In addition to those, I had a lavender purple chopper w/ apes. I'll have to dig up some pics of those bikes.

What brought me here was a thread I found on customized Electra bikes. My wife just got a new Townie and I needed something to cruise with her, so I started looking around at cruisers that would fit someone over 6 feet which are somewhat few and far between. Electra's crank forward design seems to accommodate me better. I just bought another Townie (wish I had kept my last one) and will post this on the build thread section since I am planning some changes.

Glad to have found this place!

welcome, dont forget to give felt a look... plus you can always get crazy with your set posts
DSC_0001.jpg

car210.jpg

Latest posts

Back