Hello from the Southernmost city

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I joined to ask questions and learn more about the Nirve and Electra choppers as well as anything else I run across that is of interest. I commute to work daily about 4.5 to 5mi depending on route on my Cafe Noir which is a Reynolds frame setup for commuting; I've added ISM seat, stem, bars, RiBiMo commuter tires, air horn, clip pedals, trail gator for my daughter, etc. However, when riding with family I am always way out in front with almost no pedaling as my teen has a forward pedaling Fuji Saratoga 3.0 and my wife has a Motobecane comfort bike with suspension fork and seat...not fast bikes. So I'm going to get a chopper style bike for leisurely cruising with the family and occaissional use for the commute. A friend is starting to get mroe into cycling as well and looking at these types of bikes. Being in Key West we can ride all year which is great, but the salty air chews up chrome and polished steel like crazy. So I'm going to have to choose accordingly! I like the switchblade and ghost rider but worry about that chrome going to pot quickly. The straight 8 type frame doesn't have it but from reading these forums seems too small. Will have to do more research on here I guess!

Latest posts

Back