Hello! Need help with value on Hawthorne bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering purchasing this cute bike. The seller wants $800 for it. Is it worth it?

It is a ladies model Hawthorne Springer Rollfast. It has no lights (though a hole is available on the rear rack). A very cute chain guard in a basket weave type pattern , what looks to be the original seat. He says he thinks the handlebars mat not be original. It has a tank (for what I have no idea! Lol). The paint looks to be original and of a "survivor/barn find" type ... Not mint at all, but it is rideable as it is. He claims 1930's but I have found pics online of one from 1948 that is the same as this one.

I have found similar bikes for much less, but without that spring thing on the front. :)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds a little high to me for a girls bike but I'm not much on the Hawthorne. Do you have any pics of the bike? If decent paint I could see in three to four hundred price range to the right person. I'd take my time and research a purchase for that much.

I couldn't figure out how to post a photo from my phone so I actually used it as my avatar lol :)

I'm a girl with really short legs so I need the girls bike! I have a vintage car from the 30s and live the Art Deco period. This just seemed like it would fit right in.

Way too high for that bike. I would say $250 on the high side is what it's worth. Really great vintage girl's bikes are readily available.....you can probably find some good ones on this site!

If that was a boys bike it might bring the $800. No way on a girls. I agree with Rockit. $250 tops. Gary

Latest posts

Back