Hello, Newby here....looking for help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I stumbled into an old bike this weekend and me and my boys have been trying to identify it so I'm here looking for help.
I found this forum from a post while searching Montgomery Ward Bicycles. I'll give you all the info I have :)
It has been repainted sometime in the last ? years and I was able to uncover the front badge a bit and it says
Montgomery Wards, Hawthorne.
I would like to know if anyone can help me date it or knows the model name.
Serial # is D321567
Back hub says Hawthorne
Tire size is 26 X 1.75
Back tire brand is Vredestein Paragon
The man I bought it from said he bought it used 50 years ago for his 10 year old son.
file:///Users/bryandelligatti/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Modified/2011/Sep%203,%202011/IMG_1309.JPG
file:///Users/bryandelligatti/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Modified/2011/Sep%203,%202011/IMG_1305.JPG
file:///Users/bryandelligatti/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Modified/2011/Sep%203,%202011/IMG_1306.JPG
file:///Users/bryandelligatti/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Modified/2011/Sep%203,%202011/IMG_1307.JPG

Many Thanks,

Bryan

sorry that nobody came around to help you.

none of you links work. this is the how to post photo
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=43900

from what i know Montgomery Wards was a store much like sears. they didnt build bikes but had them build by different manufactures over the years. i cant see none of the pictures but from what you wrote it seems to be from the 60's or newer going by the tire size. i dont think there is a serial number list for hawthorne, you will have to post pictures. place a request on the bike ID section viewforum.php?f=62 and somebody will help.

welcome and where are you from?

Latest posts

Back