Hello - one more CA member

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my little hello...

I've been reading the forums at RRB a bit over the last few months and caught the bug. Thank You to all who share the passion and spoil us with the knowledge and creativity that is brought together here at RRB!

As a mid-western kid one of my earliest bike mods was building a chopper out of a garage sale bike in the 70's. What started life as 'The Wheel' (dept. store muscle bike with banana seat and a steering wheel instead of handlebars) got some +36" fork extensions with triple stacked chrome headlights. that should have been a clue way back then!

A family move to California a year or two later had that bike stripped of 'chopper' bits and looking for some BMX mods and upgrades. A shiny new Mongoose in '79 pushed The Wheel to the garage to be mostly forgotten. Fast forward through lots of mountain biking and way too many other hobbies and I was brought back to bikes this year in a big way... must have bought 10 so far since spring.

It's slightly fitting that it was a Mongoose that sparked up the modification bug where it left off so many years ago. Seeing the threads here about BEAST builds pushed me over the edge and armed with more ambition than skill, the cutting began...

I'll post up over in Fat Rats to share some of the the addiction.

Chuck-e

Latest posts

Back