Hello to all from a newbie from just outside of Chicago.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

really glad I found this place. seems like a nice and respectable forum with a good membership. I joined the forum because I am starting to rebuild older schwinn bikes and there seems to be quite a bit of knowledge here. right now i am working on a 60's schwinn corvette that the previous owner had really made quite ugly. I am in the process of giving it a board track racer feel and appearance. Anyways hello to you all and thanks for having me on the forum. look forward to talking and trading ideas with you.

best regards,

ALEX

ok so i figured i would get a picture up of my schwinn when i got it. I picked it up from a kid in blue island, IL for pretty cheap. this kid made it look aweful and the fork had a wedge sheared off and stuck in the steer tube along with another stripped stem :roll: . it is definatly a ratrod as of right now. so far ive taken the entire bike apart, cleaned and re greased the bearings and she cruises like crazy now.

you can see the stem didn't sit in as much as it should and the front fender was used on the rear to give a bobber look to it. i think it looks like $H!+
myschwinnbefore.jpg

Latest posts

Back