Hello!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live near Charlotte NC and will retire soon. I thought building a few bicycles might keep me busy for awhile. I will be seeking advice, learning new things and admiring other members projects. Thanks for letting me join.
Welcome aboard. I used to live just outside Charlotte until a few years ago

:forum:

I met a local guy that has three original Sting-rays he found in a barn. This is my first project. A 1971 Schwinn Sting-ray Fastback 3 Speed. I'd like the hear what you guys think. Restore or keep original but able to ride. Looking forward to the latest project.
20220908_081331.jpg

I met a local guy that has three original Sting-rays he found in a barn. This is my first project. A 1971 Schwinn Sting-ray Fastback 3 Speed. I'd like the hear what you guys think. Restore or keep original but able to ride. Looking forward to the latest project.
View attachment 212756
We are just getting started on our muscle bike build off 😉

That's a great first project!

I'd probably dip, scrub, and polish to see whats truly hiding under the funk. Then decide if you want to keep it that way...or go all out. With everything cleaned up, you'll have a better idea of what a restoration will need, what you can sell, what you'll have to buy.

Have fun!

Latest posts

Back