Hello

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quickie intro, Ive been a mechanic for nearly 40 years now. Oddly enough my first job was building bikes for an old gentleman here in N Cal. My profile pic is my daily rider, it's a Hawthorne work in progress. I have a few trailers I made for transporting bikes I have serviced, purchased and or feel the need to show off.

There is a story behind the Hawthorne, when I was 14 I had quite the bicycle collection but was sent off to military school because ummm I may have been a problem child. ;) When I returned home ALL of my bikes were gone except my 1938 BF Goodrich Challenger.....2 years ago I was at a friends house and there it was, my Hawthorne....I told my friend my brother had sold all of my bikes when I was a kid and that was one of them, down to the old paint job I gave it 30+ years ago. Well for the price he paid for it I got it back and put a fresh coat of paint on her. I ride it between 20 and 50 miles a day, here in very hilly Santa Cruz that is truly no laughing matter.

It's been a rough year financially so many of my "kids" aka bikes were sold to good loving homes with the option to buy them back. That being said...I cant wait to post the pic's of the Tandem Cruiser Im building with a heavy duty springer front end, full fenders from the 30's, a rack and a custom matching trailer :)

Pleasure to meet you all, I look forward to a build off some time soon.......maybe the tandem.....oh wait I have acquired a hand made bicycle built for 4, not side by side but 4 in a row, I'll post the before pic's.....it will be modeled after the red baron with full fenders, a hand made chain guard (it's almost done) and a hand made tank with beer err I mean cup holders :) Wade

Welcome Aboard Wade!
My dad was a Mechanic before, during the Navy and After. He got me into
all the old twin wing planes and Cessna.. Boeing..
I cant wait to see the Aeronautic ideas you put with the Baron!

Zombie

Latest posts

Back