Hellspawn saddle mod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be very active in the paintball world, now I’m down to once or twice a year.
Anywho I found this really cool mod for a paintball mask called a "Hellspawn" mod named after the dude who did it.. I did the mod and it turned out pretty cool. Mine was different in that I used a "doo-rag" with paisley print - everyone else was doing camo. A bunch of peeps started to copy the "doo-rag" idea on other forums, about 8 months later one of the big boys in the paintball industry started putting out paintball mask parts in paisley patterns... I’m not saying I was a trend setter... Im just saying.. :)
All joking aside
The mod has held up to all of my paintball abuse so why not apply it to a saddle. I didn't have one of those old metal saddles that sandwich the material edges, but I do have a 1980ish peace. So I decided to test it out, I was doing it while making dinner so the mod isn’t as clean as if I were just working on it. What you get is a very simple, cheap and ultra low profile saddle pan. I think I’m going to find my favorite beer logo (Dogfish IPA 90) and put it on the next saddle pan.
Edit: I just typed this thing up and now im wondering if it has been posted before on this forum, I choose to stay ignorant because of how long this silly thing took to type up.

1. sandblasted a cruddy saddle

2. I used an old peace of old "blurry" project foam for disassembling my paintball markers as my padding (next time im using a mouse pad)

3. My wife’s old leather purse from last winter.

4. I can of 3M super 77

5. I sprayed both the saddle and one side of the project foam and stuck them together. You have about 1 minute to stretch out all the wrinkles.

6. After kneading all the wrinkles out you will have a bunch of extra foam hanging over the edges- cut it off. After you should have a nice smooth finish.

7. Do the same process with whatever material you can find to cover your saddle frame with.
Stretched the leather

Trim the extra

Here is a link to Hellspawns original forum post, the directions are on the first post.

http://forum.moatipaintball.com/index.p ... 62184&st=0

Just got done with one of my seats, Old leather bomber jacket I outgrew and an old beat up mongoose bike seat. Still not sure what project it's going on but I'll find something to do with it.

P7220022.jpg

P7220023.jpg

P7220024.jpg

It is okay, a little too skinny for my cruiser so I'm using it on my next build. But I found a nice seat for my cruiser today FOR FREE !

Latest posts

Back