HELP! i can barelly reach my pedals on my stretch cruiser!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just bought a dyno glide kustom kruiser socal roadster stretch cruiser...

(thats what the seller told me the bike was anyway...)

hahaha and i can barelly reach the pedals ahahahaha

i rode it around my neighborhood and had to ride w/ my feet pointed when pedaling all the way forward...

sooo do i need to shorten the crank arms (if thats even what they are called)...

or is there a company that sells... pedal extensions? hahaha

or maybe i should find a seat neck that scoots the seat up a little further forward?

or maybe all of the above??

hahaha somebody please HELP!!!

is it just the furthest pedal away from you that your having trouble with ? shorter cranks may help then, if its a single piece crank (which i think it is) steal the cranks off a kids bike and try swapping those out.

CCR said:
is it just the furthest pedal away from you that your having trouble with ? shorter cranks may help then, if its a single piece crank (which i think it is) steal the cranks off a kids bike and try swapping those out.

yeh... its only in its furthest position...

ill look at my daughters old bike... i wonder if that would make things easier...

i found these pedal blocks...

hahaha but they look cheesey as heck!

thanks for the advice!

it might not get rid of the whole problem but sounds like shorter cranks would help, and robbing a free kids bike of parts is well ... free :lol:

if it does work but it makes pedaling harder (physically harder to do) you may want to change the gearing too if your not comfortable with it, but i dont think it will make that much of a difference at cruising speeds.

Maybe the seat can be adjusted forward, by taking it off the stem and rotating the bracket backward, if it isn't already. That might give you a an inch or two. You can lower the seat and get a little closer also, if not already lowered all the way.

i probably need new handle bars too

the grips were sliding off...

and it was most comfortable with the grips just over 50% off

im hoping my local bike shop has something a tad bit longer for me

hahaha im so short!

i saw some people welded extensions to their bars... but i know nothing about welding...

MIKE DEGUZMAN said:
i probably need new handle bars too

i saw some people welded extensions to their bars... but i know nothing about welding...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=712&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30

the first RRBBO winner had some extensions, he used JB Weld, id let it cure and smack it with a hammer, if it holds ... put the grips on and ride :mrgreen:

A short list of some possible obvious( ...or otherwise sarcastic :D ) fixes:

1. Shorter cranks
2. Move seat forward
3. Move seat lower
4. Thicker shoes
5. Thicker pedals
6. Bigger/longer seat
7. Modified seat post
8. Stilts
9. Install a motor
10. Eat more vegetables

Rack.jpg

feuerdog said:
A short list of some possible obvious( ...or otherwise sarcastic :D ) fixes:

1. Shorter cranks
2. Move seat forward
3. Move seat lower
4. Thicker shoes
5. Thicker pedals
6. Bigger/longer seat
7. Modified seat post
8. Stilts
9. Install a motor
10. Eat more vegetables

hahaha

#4, 8, and 10 being done right now...

Rat Rod said:

hahaha they dont have ropes long enough to reach my ankles and wrists

solution found!

i chopped off 4 inched from the bottom of the seat post... allowing my seat to go down a few more inches... bringing me closer to my pedals!

woohoo!

Latest posts

Back