Help identifying this BMX type bike please.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I purchased this nice little number yesterday, I'm told it is a Raleigh Maverick. However the Maverick had a bigger frame and I cant seem to find any info on this.
I know its not a burner.
Any help gratefully received.

Regards
Mark

Attachments

• what1.jpg
    what1.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 69
  • what 2.jpg
    what 2.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 60
  • what3.jpg
    what3.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 68
Flat brake bridge, 20" wheels......
Probably Raleigh Mustang

Serial number?

Very cool score
Thank You Sir, You are bang on the money! I didn't find any photos that identifies it as a Maverick but several for the Mustang.

I've been cleaning the chain ring and a few other bits, it's getting there. Dont need to do a lot to it. I'll check for a serial tomorrow, I'm done for the day now.

Thing is, i went to the bike shop to pick up some Skyways off ebay, which were to go onto a Raleigh Twenty. I saw the bike and asked if it was for sale, he said it was and i explained the situation and him being the nice bloke he was he cancelled the skyway order and I made up the extra and i'm very happy.

Unfortunately i have tyres and inners ordered for the Twenty and new chain, shimano rear cog and a few other bits. Fortunately they won't be wasted as they are spares. I'll see how I get on with gears, if not I could make it single speed. Got to get some old school bmx handle bars and done!

Thanks again mate đź‘Ť

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back