HELP me I.D. this bike....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A local guy is selling this bike.He doesn't seem to know the year.

He says it's badged as a MarkIII Eliminator.The only Eliminator I know of is a Murray.And I know department stores made take off's of these bikes.

here are some pic's...maybe someone could help with authenticity,price range,collectablity,

Thanks guys,
peace,
Kev.
bike.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike1.jpg

interesting bike and to be honest it has me a little stumped. what does that sticker on the seat tube say? it does not really look like a murry but i am not as good with the off brand muscule bikes. check out this site and maybe email him a pic i bet he could id it right off http://www.nemusclebikes.com/picoverview

karfer those bikes are sick dude ,,,picks like that make me feel like sduch a small fish in a huge ocean! and kev how much is buddy askin for that ride? its sweet! 8)

200 is not bad i mean as it looks in the pics that one is in really good shape. it all comes down to are you willing to pay that much for a muscle bike? also i think that the value of bikes like that in good condition are going to go up as muscle bike collectors have pushed the price of schwinns out of most people's price ranges. imagine what a stingray is worth in that condition? i compare it to how the prices of chevy II's and novas shot up when the prices of cameros and chevelles got so high they looked to another car to hot rod and they were next in line. i traded my custom to my boss in trade for a 1976 schwinn stingray 5 speed that is stunning and totally original down to the slick tire. i would never pay what it is worth and it is my first muscle bike.

karfer67 said:
200 is not bad i mean as it looks in the pics that one is in really good shape. it all comes down to are you willing to pay that much for a muscle bike? also i think that the value of bikes like that in good condition are going to go up as muscle bike collectors have pushed the price of schwinns out of most people's price ranges. imagine what a stingray is worth in that condition? i compare it to how the prices of chevy II's and novas shot up when the prices of cameros and chevelles got so high they looked to another car to hot rod and they were next in line. i traded my custom to my boss in trade for a 1976 schwinn stingray 5 speed that is stunning and totally original down to the slick tire. i would never pay what it is worth and it is my first muscle bike.

good point....very good point.

this is what it said on the link you sent
in the CLONE section 72

Eliminator Clones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Murray corporation produced many F-Series Eliminator clones. Among the companies that they were produced for where:

and it had a whole list of em.
I think this is a "Made for department store" bike.

The frame looks like some CCMs I've seen posted elswhere. It is my understanding that CCM was the Canadain equlivilant to the Schwinn they also made middleweight cruisers that have a very cool look...Kelly

Back