Help Quick-Cat Problems-What To Do?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yeah-Scenario:

I was gone, I got home to my mother wondering where my cat was...she said she was crying the whole time i was gone...of course.
My girlfriend found her, and she was yowling pretty loud. She was breathing real heavy, and I went up to her...usually she wouldnt let me touch her, and she did...Not right. Her paw apparently hurts. She tried to do the classic "I hate you, Im going to run away now" but could barely do it. We checked her paw. Nothing obvious.

she limped downstairs, because she got away, and we checked her paw again...closely...nothing obvious. She was breathing super fast, but now she seems to have slown down..Now shes trying to sleep.

The real problem is-I cant afford the vet...neither can my parents-or at least not at the moment.

What to do?
Cant stand seeing her injured...I love the cat, but she is a brat.

What could have happend?

I read animals breath heavy when they cant use a limb...

could be a broken rib/leg/back, my cat acted similar when it drank antifreeze, just before she died (licked it off the neighbousr drive, i guess cats and dogs find it sweet)

what do you do? you beg, borrow, steal the money to take her to a vet.
get a lone, sell a bike do what ya got to do.

a lot of vets will put you on a payment plan,credit card etc.

if it were your brother, sister,mother or father that was suffering, would ya tell em to wait till tues.?
where theres a will theres a way bud. you don't have a friend/girl friend that could help out?

icyuod2 said:
if it were your brother, sister,mother or father that was suffering, would ya tell em to wait till tues.?
where theres a will theres a way bud. you don't have a friend/girl friend that could help out?
Good point...Oh Man

I can see if my girlfriend could do it...Its just that my cat is mean.

OK lets get a grip here... its a cat.. keep her in a kennel box or something else small so she has to stay chill.. put no more than 25 mg of motrin in her food. once she settles down she'll stay off it if its a paw and it will heal, you can try to put a bit of tape on it loosley to remind her..

dont go into bunkruptcy for your cat!! I know you love her but she is an animal. my wife is a vet assistant and I see it all the time....

unfortunatly sometimes its their last life... :cry:

Dingo, check with some of the vets in your area, alot of times they have a payment plan for emergency situations. You can also check with Adopt a pet or something similar. They usually have vets that participate in low cost/no cost visits if you can get a referral.
I would say get the cat to a vet as soon as possible. She probably got stepped on or pinched it in or under something. Try to confine her to a small space or cage and put a blanket over it so the cat is in darkness. This will help to calm her down.
Could you make a deal to build up a bike for the vet? It is Christmas time. He/She might be interested. It doesn't hurt to ask and it will show the vet how much she means to you. It could atleast lean you into somethig else as a payment. Maybe shoveling the sidewalks a few times, etc.

"To vet or not to vet. That is the question!" :mrgreen:

Dude, sorry about your illing cat, man. Hope you figure this dilemma out! Honestly, I'm not at all a cat lover. In fact when I saw your subject line I thought for sure your cat problems were going to be similar to my cat problems: my neighbor's cats spraying and using my flower beds as their litter boxes! But I hate to think an animal is suffering too. No question, the few posts on this thread thus far have all the makings for a great debate already! I'll keep my eye out on this one! By the way, PETA headquarters is only a few miles down the road from me. They'd be all over this one too! :shock:

We live in different times now. I remember every time we'd bring our dog home with a big vet bill for my dad we'd hear the same story over and over about how they fixed their pet issues back on the farm with a "fifty-cent shot gun shell"! I'm not recommending it; just reminiscing! I honestly hope your cat survives and recovers soon. Peace.

Im going to call some vets around me when i get breaks from classes. I wish the vet still...vetted...? that lived around me. He actually put my dog down.

Which leads to another point
I dont think i can handle another animal. Im more of a strictly bicycle person now.

I could definatly build a bike for a doc-But as it appears, most of the vets are the fancy pantsy places, where the vets drive their mercedes to work. I dont think they would want a rat rod from theflyingdingo....haha

Ill definatly see if that would work.

Check with your local humane society, normally they either have an on site vet that can help you out at reduced cost or can refer you to a good vet that can set you on a payment plan. Hope all goes well for you bro, pets can become like family to you.

Well I can't really tell you what to do about your cat, that's up to you. To give a little insight on cat behavior if they are showing signs of pain you can almost guarantee that something is not right. Cats are not like dogs and will usually go to great lengths to hide pain. A few years ago we adopted a cat that was a couple years old and the place we got her from said that everything had been done. After a few months she was eating very little and she was acting strange. We took her to the vet and they had to pull all of her teeth with the exception of her fangs. The vet said the same thing that cats will hide an injury. She must have been in a lot of pain for probably years. I felt bad that she had felt like that but that's what I get for assuming the truth when somebody said she had been totally checked out.

kram is right, when a cat shows signs of pain, they are in a LOT of pain. they hide pain immensely well.

I got the cat to the vet-They couldnt do anything. She was too P'd Off. I didnt want to put her under for them to play with her arm. Sorry!

I did however receive some medications...After two weeks, if shes not better...I think im going to have to call it. :|

Hopefully when the two weeks are up it will be fine. I feel for you man. I have two cats of my own and I'd be beside myself if something happened to them. Good luck. Crossing my fingers for you.

Very tough call. I can send some cash for that tank if it will help you out. Just let me know. I'm alleric to cats, but I have a Dachshund, and he's basically a cat. :lol: I can't stand to see them in pain.

Oh yeah-forgot about that tank

But Its not necessary...She calmed down, and shes doing okay again. im going to start her meds tomorrow morning.

Unless you do want to still buy that tank.

Im fairly certain my cat wants to kill me. The vet told me to crate her, and I caged her. She has not layed down yet, and shes staring me down. :shock: Its been a good 15 minutes, and she still has not laid down

Stay strong! I know they are incredibly creepy while they stare you down but you gotta hold firm! Offer some tuna as a peace offering?
"Hey kitty, kitty..... :shock: ....whoa... nevermind...."

Haha. I offered milk. She took it, after 20 minutes of her sitting there staring.

She's eating now, I put her meds in some more milk, she drank it. She's layin down, poopin when she needs to.

I can tell her leg is still annoying her, but she's doing a thousand times better. Awesome.

Latest posts

Back