Help with ID's! Hawthorne, FastRoll, AMF Roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was helping a friend clean out a old house and found these bicycles. I grabbed them up and began some research on them. Then I learned how tough researching old bicycles can be. I know the manufacturers and models but I do not know the years or rarity of them. I'm going to pick one out to ratrod out but if you see something you like please feel free to IM me with an offer. Any help identifying these bikes is greatly appreciated.

Hawthorne -- Only thing I could get off the serial number was 02 and the SE within a circle.

DSCN3501.jpg

DSCN3498-1.jpg

DSCN3500.jpg

Rollfast - serial number A37[space]755[space and lower]3 and SE within a circle

DSCN3502.jpg

DSCN3503.jpg

AMF Roadmaster -- serial number 7251070

DSCN3493.jpg

DSCN3495.jpg

DSCN3497.jpg

Thanks again!

So I'm pretty sure the Hawthorne is a 60's model. I'm thinking 65 because of the model number.

dziubansa said:
So I'm pretty sure the Hawthorne is a 60's model. I'm thinking 65 because of the model number.

It could be, it's definitely a mid-late 60s with that chainguard. The Rollfast is a mid-late 50s. Both were built by Snyder, the SE is typical. The Skyrider is around a 63. There aren't any serial codes available for Snyders, and post-1956 AMF's aren't available, unless you want to pay the notorious NBHAA for it, and maybe get a response. -Adam

Yeah, i gotta totally agree with them. I have a 65 hawthorne that looks about the same as yours, not sure about the rollfast except i agree it looks to be about mid 50"s and i also have a 60' roadmaster amf, but for what yours looks to be like mentioned a 63ish. All of which look very cool and love the patina on the amf especially. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back