Help with Silverking ID

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new project, a Silverking frame. Can someone help me ID the year? Thanks...

IMG_8205.jpg

IMG_8207.jpg

IMG_8203.jpg

IMG_8201.jpg

Good question...I was under the impression that it would have had an aluminum fork like all the rest but I looked at the copy of the ad I have and it looks like a steel fork...copy is not very clear so hopefully someone has more info or an original bike...I will keep looking through my stuff...

Mine came with an aluminum wide blade fork. It has the same rough texture as the frame connectors and I assume those parts are cast for what's it's worth. Someone just posted that finished polished up beauty but I don't remember the forks on that one. I'll post pics of with the fork if you want. I think Karfer told me mine was a 1936. Let me know and good luck with your build. Awesome score!

I've never seen a Silver King without the Aluminum forks (and I need some, BTW). I'm going to do the work to sand and polish mine - looks frickin' AWESOME!!

Well, according to the 34 ad, it had a one year only fork that I have never seen but on the other hand, I noticed a couple of examples of your frame (men's and women's) in the Evolution of the Bicycle book that have the traditional aluminum fork like this that are described as original-this was mine:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/david-quic ... 356066779/

Thanks to all. Looks like I need to track down an original aluminum fork. Are there any out ther for a fair price?
Also did it take truss rods, or is that an upgrade?

Just to add, I saw an all original 34-35 Silverking today at our Long Beach Swap (not for sale though) and although I didn't have a camera with me, the bike did have the one year only aluminum fork and not the aluminum blade fork used 36-on...and yes, it would have had straight truss rods. This was the first complete and original 34-5 bike I have seen...

cyclejet said:
My new project, a Silverking frame. Can someone help me ID the year? Thanks...

IMG_8205.jpg

is that the correct chain ring? and i've always wanted to know, can these frame hold some weight? i know they are not welded.

I am 205lb and rode a Silverking (regular frame, not the window frame) for a while and never had a problem with failure of any kind but it is not something that you would want to stand up and hammer up a hill...cuz I did quite a few times up a steep hill and it was always in the back of my mind...I like to log the miles and just didn't want to break the thing...
Here is a pic of the one I put together...and then parted out...only have the rims and tires left...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/david-quic ... 356066779/

axsepul said:
I would of never parted it out that was a cool bike
I parted it together, started with just a frame and rims and built it up. I enjoyed it for a couple of years, put quite a few miles on it and made some money when it was sold off. The way I see it, it was mine to do with as I wanted and it has went on to several better places...

Latest posts

Back