Helpful Brooks saddle info

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I read that article and ended up buying the B66 in honey from an online retailer, $109 shipped I think I paid. LBS wanted $178 plus I would have 6.5% sales tax and he said it would take 2 weeks to get in. The final straw was that he wanted to tack on a further 2% to process the order over the phone. Online ordering was simple and I had it on the bike in 5 days.

I understand the plight of a bricks and mortar shop but I feel there has to be some sort of balance. I did buy a few smaller items from the local shop.

Those are good links, and though I have far less experience/miles than some, My old B-66 is up to the review comments.
Prices seem to vary widely, and as much as I would like to support a local shop that carries them, I cannot pay their price. I might consider doing a little dickering.......they cant but say no, and a sale with a little profit is better than no sale, dont you think.

gcrank1 said:
Those are good links, and though I have far less experience/miles than some, My old B-66 is up to the review comments.
Prices seem to vary widely, and as much as I would like to support a local shop that carries them, I cannot pay their price. I might consider doing a little dickering.......they cant but say no, and a sale with a little profit is better than no sale, dont you think.

My local shop told me that in order to be an authorized Brooks dealer they are required by Brooks to abide by the pricing Brooks sets. I think some may also because they are in one of the priciest places to set up shop in the local area. I wish them well as I appreciate their endeavor,

Latest posts

Back