Hey.. From Western WA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I found this site on accident while search through the Schwinn-bike forums. There's some very awe inspiring works of art here. You're a very talented bunch.

I grew up in the 60s-70s with my first bike being a purple Sears Spyder with one speed and a coaster brake(I still remember towing around the wood hydro that I made). I always wanted a Schwinn instead of my generic Sears bike, but my folks didnt have the bankroll for a high zoot Schwinn Stingray. Oh well.......

So recently found a project bike for my 9 year old daughter... key word= project

IMG_2271.jpg

The rims are junk, as well as the tires, and it has some rust. But its pretty solid otherwise. It has 24" wheels, so it's a good fit for small person. I don't plan on painting it at this point. I just want to make safe to ride and leave the patina on it. I'm looking for some cheap wheels to put on it, along with some sort of tires(not sure on what style to go with yet).

IMG_2291.jpg

Anyhow, thanks for letting me be a user here. Looking forward to learning more.

Roger

Latest posts

Back