HEY ......KUSTOMKARMA !!!!! S-2 Rims on E bay.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooch said:
ebay is the devil!!!
Careful, careful, my son, when dealing with the demons which tarnish ratdom. One ratter's nemisis is another's bonanza. Oh, that's not to say that there are some crooked characters lurking the dark side of the 'bay. But there are also angels of mercy fluttering overhead, willing to sell and ship reasonably that holy grail needed for your perfect rat rod restoration. Blessings on your next rat.

the demon that is Ebay controls my soul I constantly search it for morsels to feed my rat rod soul. hours upon hours it eats at my life dollar after dollar go to its offering plate. I buy parts which half of I resell thru it for half of what I pay to its next victim!

do a walk around a Trailer Park..I do.
Find the Oldest Trailer Park in town.Go door to door or post a Flyer at The Comunity Center.You would be surprised what some of the wise Elders are hidding in those Rusty old Aluminum sheds tucked in tight to their mobile homes.Usually well kept,old bicycles they no longer ride.

that was a freebee...

Hooch said:
the demon that is Ebay controls my soul I constantly search it for morsels to feed my rat rod soul. hours upon hours it eats at my life dollar after dollar go to its offering plate. I buy parts which half of I resell thru it for half of what I pay to its next victim!
Now I understand, my rat son. The demon of search and destroy (the bank account that is) is on your back knawing away. This is a challenging sin to overcome, even the right reverend P-Rat has slid down this slippery path in the past. Let me suggest more dumpster diving and dump trolling in the future. Build your own ratty inventory to work from. I also like clothespin "n" advice to trailer park solicit. Very creative. Very redemptive. Just think of all those lost souls you might save! Now go and Rat some more! Ratmen!

I asked a guy at garage sale if he had any more old bikes in the back he didn't bring out.He said"Yes" but you probably can't afford it.

I said"Lets see it"

He brought me back and showed me my 1969 Northern Cycle "The Rail"

I said..."how much"
He said "I want WAY too much for this one"
I said"try me"
he said" $40.00 "

I hummbed and hawed like it was WAY too much and said...well...ok

Point of my story...ask and you MAY recieve.
Don't ask what's hidding in the back and you will never know!

now I have this Rare Canadian Model....
0087.jpg

0086.jpg

Peace,

Hey thanks for the suggestions, but I've got it figured out. I ended up going with the original bent rim which I cleaned and tweaked until it was usable. My girl is dropping it off for me today at the LBS so it can have a '71 Bendix 2 speed hub spoked to it. I am working full bore to get this bike done for this weekend's show in Ft. Lauderdale.

Latest posts

Back