Hey Skip here is my tow vehicle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went camping for a trial run two weeks ago. My gmc canyon pulled the trailer ok till we hit a 45 mph headwind. It was at 4000 rpm straining to run 50. When we got back I bought this 2007 chevy van. 2500 (3/4 ton) with 26000 miles on it. Has a 4.8l 285 hp v8 that should pull my little trailer ok , plus the van should keep alot of the wind off of the trailer. We are loading as we speak. Got the bikes ,fishing poles lots of twinkies and ding dongs....ready for 5 days in the good ol Texas hill country. :lol:

2007chevyvan001.jpg

Nice van, now you have someplace to put your bikes (and extra twinkies) :mrgreen:
It has been kinda quiet without you posting your weekly builds, but glad you are gettin in some quality fishin time.

That van should get the job done. I've got one of the GMC Canyons and it nearly killed itself towing my other car across country, upshifting and downshifting all the way at 60mph. Then I had the computer tuned and it ran smooth all the way back, at 75mph in od pulling about 5000lbs total.

Nice Van!!! It just makes it under your carport, too! 8) Did you get it from a delivery service or something? I see the convex mirror mounted on the back. Well that and it's Fleet White. Be sure to take a photo with the rig all hooked up.

I'm thinking a nice big RatRodBikes mural on each side will look nice. Some Red Smooties with wide Whites will look good as well.

Twinkies and Ding Dongs!!!...where are you camping?? I'm stopping by.

There are a bunch of them online. This one is about a year and a half old. Still has a little bumper to bumper left (to 36000) Then 5 year or 100000 mi. it had lots of take out stuff...the cage. after 22 years im tired of a metal cage behind me....stupid beep beep thing when you back up. neighbors got tired of that real quick....big metal box between the seats.This was one of the few with power windows,door locks and cruise. Its clean and was 12 grand out the door. Bikes fit cool upside down . put some eyelets in the floor and hooked to them...really stable and they will not just walk off with all my stuff. Its like a big rolling junk locker. :lol: They say they get fair gas mileage. Walmart dropped their gas to $1.75 from $1.89 for one day ....got 28 gallons. a 32 gallon gas tank will come in handy.

Uncle Stretch said:
There are a bunch of them online. This one is about a year and a half old. Still has a little bumper to bumper left (to 36000) Then 5 year or 100000 mi. it had lots of take out stuff...the cage. after 22 years im tired of a metal cage behind me....stupid beep beep thing when you back up. neighbors got tired of that real quick....big metal box between the seats.This was one of the few with power windows,door locks and cruise. Its clean and was 12 grand out the door. Bikes fit cool upside down . put some eyelets in the floor and hooked to them...really stable and they will not just walk off with all my stuff. Its like a big rolling junk locker. :lol: They say they get fair gas mileage. Walmart dropped their gas to $1.75 from $1.89 for one day ....got 28 gallons. a 32 gallon gas tank will come in handy.
Man I hate California gas prices, I am paying $2.28....its still better than almost 5 seven months ago.

I'm already fighting with my wife . She has a highend exotic purse business ,and she will use it too for her shows. She wanted to have a sign painted on it for her business.....not in this lifetime. I may have to move out and live in it. Gee the gypsie life is calling...build a few bikes and move around the country with my trailer and van ha ha. Wifi is everywhere.

Uncle Stretch said:
I'm already fighting with my wife . She has a highend exotic purse business ,and she will use it too for her shows. She wanted to have a sign painted on it for her business.....not in this lifetime. I may have to move out and live in it. Gee the gypsie life is calling...build a few bikes and move around the country with my trailer and van ha ha. Wifi is everywhere.
I can see the sign now "Uncle Stretch Exotic Purses...and bicycles :lol:

Just paint yours on it, then make a magnet you can throw over yours for her purse shows. Like the police or the A-Team used to do.

Im thinking seriously about building it out like a trailer inside minus the shower and toilet. every where we stay has showers and toilets. I could sell the trailer and have less hookup when we go. I have seen several that were pretty nice inside and it didnt cost them very much to do it. She can rent a van for her shows.

Lets see i could put them on a bike rack that fits in the trailer hitch since i wouldnt be pulling a trailer.

Dude all you need on the side is a big peece sign that would be vantastic, and mybe a highjackers air shock sticker in the back window.
when the vans a rockin dont come a nockin :mrgreen:
Maybe on the inside you could put a half circle bed with mirrors on the ceiling and a minibar in the back with some cool shag carpet. The Uncle Stretch Passion Pit.

just a few random thoughts

Ok maddog I was thinking something along the lines of a simple camper/van. At 58 I'm thinking my passion pit days are over. Maybe Nap Pit :roll:

Latest posts

Back