Hiawatha Arrow Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I bought this Hiawatha Arrow off feebay a while back the red paint faded to a crappy brown color so I thought well just maybe the red paint can still be saved under the brown so after some scubbin this is what has happen. and I should be getting my tank in the mail in about a week or so I hope.

When I got the bike
182720.jpg
[/url]

After some cleaning and polishing
018-4.jpg

019-4.jpg

Very Cool, those bars are just right. :D

Finally found the correct rack and tank so this project is now finished time to ride.:)
002-14.jpg

003-14.jpg

004-11.jpg

005-9.jpg

006-7.jpg

I think it might be time for me to restore my girls model now to have a matching pair since the boys is so much fun to ride
100142.jpg
[/url]

I used 0000 steel wool and some rubbing compound then waxed it and buffed it out.

npence said:
I used 0000 steel wool and some rubbing compound then waxed it and buffed it out.

What a transformation. :shock: Was it oxidized paint that you were removing, or surface rust?

hotrodscott813 said:
I love your Arrow, it looks absolutely right. I have to ask, being a newbie, what kind of bars are those? Were they standard equipment?
Those a factory handle bars made by torrington and they where an upgraded option in this bike.

dougfisk said:
npence said:

What a transformation. :shock: Was it oxidized paint that you were removing, or surface rust?
It was oxidized paint hardly had in rust on the bike.

paint is fine sometimes you have to think out side the box and hope it works and this time it did. just dont scrub to hard with the steel wool and make sure it is 0000 steel wool.

Latest posts

Back