Higgins Rat bike finds new home

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just need the upper bracket for the fork spring , great bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Higgins has already been stripped and Im working on ideas for my next build off bike.

The front wheel is too far gone to save, rear fender has a huge section cut out of it, there is a piece missing on the top of the springer and the left chainstay has a big dent in it. But it will become a cool Klunker when Im done robbing parts from it for my tank bike build.

Finding the fork bracket will be quite the ordeal, im looking if anyone has one. Im hoping to use the springer and rear rack on the rollfast. Im trying to acquire a bunch of different parts over the winter and piece together all my favorite things into one cool tank bike for the build off. I have lots more to find

Please dont toss any of it... i have friends and family that would pick stuff up for me before it heads to the trash...
Id guess it had a motor or wizzer kit at some point... thats why rear fender is cut out. U got some great stuff dude

So, Im new to the old bike scene trying to combine parts. These two bikes just opened my eyes to the dact that heavyweight and middleweight parts are not compatible. Lots to learn

Please dont toss any of it... i have friends and family that would pick stuff up for me before it heads to the trash...
Id guess it had a motor or wizzer kit at some point... thats why rear fender is cut out. U got some great stuff dude
I think you are right about a motor kit. Not ony the cut in the fender but the dent on the chainstay might have been from a chain tensioner. Also the tear has been spread apart a bit too. It wasnt much to buy it so I put it back together and hung it on the wall. I cleaned it and its pretty to look at. I wont use any of the parts after all. The rear rack will have to be cut and modified to fit the rollfast. Its been this way for this long, i dont have the heart to do that. Some day someone will be doung a correct restoration and need it. Some times the preservationist in me kicks in.

Latest posts

Back