Higgins Score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First score I've had in quite a while, took the fam down to North Myrtle beach over the weekend. While there I checked out the local C-list and found this mid 50's boys Higgins, great condition, wheels are super nice, has a Komet Super hub, I repacked all the bearings and hubs with Mobile One full Synthetic grease and boy do they work smooth, ended up getting a much better deal then I thought I would on this. Turns out the older gentleman I bought it from got the bike new back in 1958 when he was a boy so not sure if its a 56 or 57 possibly, one owner, bike has never been left outside and is in great condition. I had to make a few changes on it, seat, it was ripped up, seatpost, also changed the bars to some I had identical to the originals, they were bent and stripped out in the clamp area, I added a Schwinn racing style stem for now, hoping to pick up a nice chrome fender light for it soon. I also put on a new set of tires and tubes I had, came with 1.75" but they were cracked really bad, I put on a set of 1.50", feels fast.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back