His & Hers Higgins and a 'lil Columbia- Updated!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
A little over a year ago I sold of a few of my balloon tire bikes to focus on Vintage BMX but lately I have been really thinking about all the nice bikes I let get away. Most are gone forever but after contacting the guy I sold this '49ish mens Higgins to it soon found its way home...and it came with a friend! The mens I believe to be all original besides for the bars and maybe the tires. The womens Higgins I think to be a 100% original '51 Columbia built that is in great condition and just needs a clean and lube. I also picked up this sweet little '55 Columbia 20" ballooner that will get a complete Muscle bike makeover.

004.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Before-
005.jpg

After-
002-1.jpg

Re: His & Hers Higgins and a 'lil Columbia

Great finds Brian! :D The mens JC Higgins is awesome wink:

That Columbia is awesome!! Looks a lot like my frame. I was told it's a Monark, but haven't dug in to verify that. I'm not sure where to even start once I get the serial number. Here's mine:

mockupc.jpg

Cleaned up the 20" Columbia a little and changed a few parts around. Im pretty happy how this one came out :D

002-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back