Hola de Costa Rica

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all,

I created an account for myself some time ago when I was rebuilding a 1967 Stingray, yet never posted or introduced myself. I was living in the Seattle area back then and now I am living in Costa Rica and all my bikes are in storage back in the US until I return next summer sometime. I have not been on the site in a handful of month until recently and now looking at all the bikes on here I am missing mine back home. I figured the time was ripe to introduce myself to you all. I am relatively new bike building. The '67 Stingray was the first bike that I actually striped down, painted, and rebuilt. I did not do anything to crazy with it. Just some flat black paint and some wicked tall ape hangers for the most part. I never had the time to change the neck to better fit the handle bars before I left to come down here to Costa Rica last August. Still I think it looks like a super fun ride. I originally bought the '67 Stingray to match my '67 VW SO-42 Westfalia. Yet, I ended up buying an even nicer '67 restored 3-speed Stingray and so I figured I would have some fun with the first one. I ended up selling the VW before I moved to Costa RIca, yet I kept the bikes. It is harder to find storage for a VW than a few bikes. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and that seeing all the rats on this site is giving me some ideas for when I return to the US.

Keep smile'n and ride'm slow.

67StingRaycustomrebuilt.jpg

The only bike action that I have seen going on down here is mountain biking and some road biking. Out on the coast bikes are more commonly used for a main source of transportation. There are some neat old bike that I saw out on the coast last time I was there, but I did not take any pictures to share, sorry. I have not seen any custom bikes or anything of that nature. That does not mean that it is not going on here, only that I have not seen it. I spend most of my days working in a school community where most of the poeple are from out of the country and those that are tico (from Costa Rica) are very sheltered and do not really know there own country. For this reason I have not been able to really get a good sence of the local activities going on here, yet.

Back